Tuesday 15 July 2014

Back to Gloucestershire



After a couple of nights in London and two more in Hampshire, we were back in our home county today for the second 70th birthday lunch in three days. En route, I collected three more church exteriors for my web collection: Gloucestershire churches now number more than 150. (This one is St Mary, Bibury.)

Crossing the car park at Bibury Court with a university contemporary, I was gifted the opening for my speech in favour of our mutual friend: "I gather," he said, "that you are giving the eulogy." As it was, our host considerably upstaged my post-pudding contribution to the proceedings. "We are a grandfather," he announced before the meat course - his son having just texted from hospital that his wife had been safely delivered of twins.

No comments: