Saturday 16 June 2012

"Puy paysage"


As I mentioned earlier in the month, I felt another photobook coming on: it's now put to bed, and a copy reached me yesterday. (The speed at which modern technology enables these things to happen never ceases to amaze me.)

There are numerous glossy (and far cheaper to buy) books out there already with excellent photographs of the landscape of the Le Puy pilgrimage route. Mine is not intended to compete with them: it's primarily a personal record of what I saw, in the particular seasons when I walked. The countryside would look quite different in other weather of course.

Some of the images come across as a bit dark in the printed version: perhaps this needs adjustment at my end, but you could say it adds mystery.

Here's a link to the book's free online preview.

No comments: