Wednesday 10 September 2008

name dropping



A friend of mine at university once described another as one who not so much drops names as hurls them. Caroline is the exact opposite: she hates it when I so much as suggest I know anyone at all celebrated, but as she doesn't read my blog, I am going to risk doing it all the same.

Last Saturday, Agnes had a friend to lunch who turned out to be the great-niece of Christopher Lee, a.k.a. Dracula; and the niece of the actor Harriet Walter, whom we have always much admired.

Last night, we were invited to dinner by Lady Ottoline Morrell's grandson; and here is a photograph of the celebrated artist and art historian John Golding. He was a fellow-guest at the delicious and delightful lunch to which Caroline and I were invited today.

Enough names?

No comments: